Hybrid Mobile Developer
PayAsUGym is an online marketplace (think Rightmove or AirBnB) for fitness, empowering customers to search for, compare and buy flexible access to fitness facilities online.
Since launch in 2011, PayAsUGym has successfully established the largest gym network in the country with more than 2,700 participating gyms, health clubs and fitness studios and over 500k registered users.
Being one of the fastest growing, VC backed, companies in the UK, we are looking for a Mobile Developer to own development of the PayAsUGym App, developing exciting new features to keep up with our customers demands, fixing bugs and resolving technical debt.
PayAsUGym has now raised over $18m in investment and has been recognised as one of the UK’s most exciting growth companies receiving distinguished awards from both the fitness industry awards and technology growth scene.
Over the next 12 Months you will:
- Lead development of our existing Mobile App, introducing best practices and making this the best app for fitness fans in the UK.
- You will work closely with the Customer Experience/Support team to continuously improve the experience of the App.
- You will work closely with the Product and Development teams, introducing new features and integrating with our back-end APIs.
- Train other developers on the team in best practices with regards to Cordova and ReactJS code.
- Help us transition to React Native app builds
- Work on projects small and big, which will be developed in 2 week sprints.
- Show leadership as part of an inclusive, reciprocal engineering culture, where everyone wants to improve and ego’s are left at home.
We are looking for a developer who:
- Has experience working with mobile apps, native or hybrid (iOS and Android)
- Is experienced with Cordova, to quickly pick things up (ideal)
- Comfortable with HTML and CSS.
- Experienced with builds tools like Gulp or Webpack
- Experienced with React Native app builds (ideal)
- Has worked with similar tools like Ionic or others (non-essential)
- Is a supportive team player.
- Can make a strong individual contribution.
- Is a good communicator.
- Competitive salary
- Gym membership
- Weekly Fruit box in office
- Table football and Table Tennis Table
- Regular social events during office hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.