Mid-level Frontend Engineer
PayAsUGym is an online marketplace (think Rightmove or AirBnB) for fitness, empowering customers to search for, compare and buy flexible access to fitness facilities online.
Since launch in 2011, PayAsUGym has successfully established the largest gym network in the country with more than 2,700 participating gyms, health clubs and fitness studios and over 500k registered users.
Being one of the fastest growing, VC backed, companies in the UK, we are looking for a Frontend Engineer to tackle a leading role in the development of the marketplace website and App.
PayAsUGym has now raised over $18m in investment and has been recognised as one of the UK’s most exciting growth companies receiving distinguished awards from both the fitness industry awards and technology growth scene.
In the first 12 Months you will:
- You will work closely with the Customer Experience/Support team to continuously improve the experience on both the Website and App.
- Work closely with other engineers in the team and lead the way on front-end development, reworking a lot of the customer facing site, ensuring best practices are adhered to.
- Work on big and small projects.
- Show leadership as part of an inclusive, reciprocal engineering culture, where everyone wants to improve and ego’s are left at home.
We are working with a 3rd Party to provide ReactJS training to our current team and any new developers who will be joining us over the next few months.
Our customer facing and business websites are built Using, Sass and React.js, with our mobile app utilising Cordova and ReactJS. All of this is hosted on AWS using RDS Aurora, EC2, Elasticache, S3 and Lambda built with CloudFormation.
- Competitive salary
- Gym membership
- React Training
- Extra time for lunch to go gym on Thursdays
- Weekly Fruit box in office
- Table football and Table Tennis Table
- Regular social events during office hours
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.