Senior Content Marketing Executive
The key purpose of the content marketing executive role is to drive traffic flow to the PayAsUGym website and app, growing sales and brand awareness by developing engaging content to attract and retain customers.
Our ideal candidate is a creative marketing professional with strong content and copy writing skills and the ability to align your writing closely with the brand tone of voice and key brand messaging. We are looking for a strong team player with excellent time management skills, the ability to work under pressure, and a keen eye for detail.
You will work closely with the following team members:
- The Marketing Director and Brand and Campaign Manager to develop and manage the content marketing strategy and to ensure all content is on-brand and consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice.
- The Head of Paid, Head of CRM and Social Media Executive to ensure effective distribution of content across all digital advertising, email marketing, and social media marketing platforms.
- The in-house Designer to produce visuals for written content where appropriate.
- Remote content writing team to brief out blog post topics and manage workflow.
- The Head of Sales to support on B2B marketing, supporting on all copy and content requests for digital marketing, sales and comms collateral
- Content strategy:
- Analyse the content activity of competitors and other brands and keep up to date with content marketing trends and continuously develop creative ideas.
- Analyse the audience to understand interests and preferences.
- Develop the editorial calendar of content and work closely with the rest of the marketing team to plan distribution of content.
- Content production:
- Write and manage the production of written marketing materials including blog posts, web copy, email marketing, social captions, online ads, B2B collateral.
- Coordinate off-site writers and work with the in-house designer to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Ensure all content is optimized for search and social promotion.
- Edit, proofread and improve existing content.
- Content monitoring:
- Monitor the editorial calendar and ensure it is followed.
- Monitor content marketing results and metrics (conversion rate, comments, reader engagement, website visits).
- Manage the blog on a daily basis, uploading content and replying to engagement where appropriate.
- Supporting the marketing team on ad-hoc projects including digital, social, PR and third party marketing activities.
- 2+ years’ B2C content marketing experience.
- Excellent content/copy writing and editing skills both short and long form. Skilled at aligning writing with a brand tone of voice and brand message. Able to provide examples of written content you have created.
- Ability to understand technical product details and translate this into simple and creative go-to-market messages in the form of written and video content.
- Experience in supporting digital marketing campaigns.
- Knowledge/ understanding of: CMS systems, HTML and CSS (desirable), Hubspot, and social media marketing.
- Time management and working to tight deadlines.
- Keen attention to detail.
- A team player who is easy to communicate with.
- Competitive salary
- Company pension
- Access to all gym venues on the network