Head of Operations
PayAsUGym is an online marketplace (think Rightmove or AirBnB) for fitness, empowering customers to search for, compare and buy flexible access to fitness facilities online. As a VC-backed category leader, PayAsUGym is experiencing extremely fast growth and as such, we are now looking for a highly motivated Head of Operations to join our team. This senior role will be based in our brand new London Waterloo HQ, and reports directly into the Chief Operating Officer.
- Understand, own and improve the full customer journey post-purchase, identifying points of friction in that journey as well as capitalising on opportunities for adding greater value to both the customer and our gym partners.
- Manage contracts and relations with our gym partners, tracking and improving partner sentiment.
- Report on operational performance, identifying opportunities for improvement, suggesting/implementing solutions and developing cases studies and scalable training programmes when successful.
- Close collaboration with the rest of the business to support the delivery of overall strategy with consideration for the needs of external and internal stakeholders.
- Ensure the Operations team are onboarding new gym partners effectively, dealing with operational issues and ensuring that our gym partners are fully compliant in terms of guest access, pricing, customer services and overall in-gym experience.
- Support our gym partners in optimising their presence on our platform including enhanced photography services, SEO-optimised venue descriptions and responsiveness to customer reviews.
- Represent the company at trade events and conferences to improve overall market sentiment.
- Proven experience as Head of Operations or similar leadership role
- Familiarity with two-sided marketplace models, or an understanding of how the fitness industry operates
- Experience identifying operational improvements, sizing these opportunities, and developing strategies to address these
- Good with numbers, knowledge of data analytics and reporting
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership ability
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Competitive salary
- Free access to all gyms within the PayAsUGym network
- Company pension