Senior PHP Developer
PayAsUGym is an online marketplace (think Rightmove or AirBnB) for fitness, empowering customers to search for, compare and buy flexible access to fitness facilities online.
Since launch in 2011, PayAsUGym has successfully established the largest gym network in the country with more than 2,700 participating gyms, health clubs and fitness studios and over 500k registered users.
Being one of the fastest growing, VC backed, companies in the UK, we are looking for a Backend Engineer focussing on the development of our business websites that will be used by the gyms on our platform.
PayAsUGym has now raised over $18m in investment and has been recognised as one of the UK’s most exciting growth companies receiving distinguished awards from both the fitness industry awards and technology growth scene.
Over the next 12 Months you will:
- Help PayAsUGym develop new features (and fix bugs) on the websites used by the gyms.
- Work closely with the Supply team to continuously improve the experience of the gyms on our platform.
- Work closely with other team members whilst we are growing the development team from 3 to 8 over the next 18 months.
- From time to time work with the demand team on the customer facing and admin websites.
- Suggest improvements to your team lead to further develop our AWS Infrastructure, DevOps culture and release procedures.
- Work on projects small and big projects which will be developed in 2 week sprints.
- Work as part of an inclusive, collaborative engineering culture, where everyone wants to improve and ego’s are left at home.
Our gym facing websites are built Using PHP, MySQL, Sass and React.js and are hosted on AWS using RDS Aurora, EC2, Elasticache, S3 and Lambda built with CloudFormation.
Feel free to apply even if you don’t have experience in all of the mentioned technologies, for instance we would also love to speak to people who have experience with other PHP frameworks such as Laravel or Symfony.
- Competitive salary
- Gym membership
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.